Monday, February 1, 2016

Shazam! Comics Resources

Shazam! #1

I wanted to share some helpful resources for the 1970's Shazam! comic book series.  Shazam! #1 was published on December 14, 1972, and Shazam! #35 published on February 9, 1978. Even though Shazam! only had a 35 edition run, it had a lot of great adventures for Captain Marvel.  

The first resource comes from mycomicshop.com.  This link will pull up a complete list of the entire Shazam! comic run.  What I like about it is that it not only shows you the comic book cover for each edition, it also gives you a brief synopsis of each issue!  This has helped me to decide which ones I really wanted to add to my personal collection right away and which ones I can put off for later.  It also includes prices and the grades for any of the issues that they have in stock if you want to buy from them.  (Please note, I have purchased some Shazam! comics from them, but this is not a paid endorsement!)  It has also helped me to determine a decent price range I can expect if I decide to purchase a comic from another source such as eBay, etc.  

The second resource is from Mikes Amazing World of Comics.  This link will pull up the Shazam! series information, showing the cover date and publish date for each edition.  Clicking on the tab that says Series Gallery will bring up pictures of each edition's cover.  I've used Mike's site to help determine publishing dates as opposed to cover dates.

These two resources have proven to be extremely helpful and useful to me as I've worked on this blog and as I've worked on building my personal collection.  I hope you find them useful and helpful as well!

Shazam! #35

1 comment:

  1. If anyone wants to jump in to the Bronze Age series, I would recommend also looking into the DC Showcase Presents: Shazam Vol. 1 TPB. This volume reprints all of the new stories from this 35 issue run in Black & White. The only stuff not included in that collection is the reprinted Golden Age material that was contained in the 100 Page Spectacular issues (Shazam #8, 12-17). These Showcase volumes are very affordable, especially if you go through a cheap online outlet, like "Instocktrades.com" where you can get the 560 page collection for just $9.34 plus S/H. I'm in no way affiliated with Instock Trades, but I have made a number of purchases from their site and am impressed with their prices, speedy delivery, and care of packaging the product.

    ReplyDelete